Sparked Breathes New Life into Hydrogen Council’s Website
The Hydrogen Council is an international CEO-led initiative that brings together leading companies with a united vision of using hydrogen to help foster a clean energy transition.
With more than 140 members across the globe, the Hydrogen Council includes CEOs from some of the world’s largest companies, such as Airbus, Air Liquide, BMW Group, Hyundai, Kawasaki, Linde, Microsoft, Shell, Siemens Energy and more.
The Council has more than 42,000 followers on LinkedIn and receives over 38,000 unique visitors to their website each month – making it a global force that promotes collaboration between governments, industry and investors.
A Failing Website in Need of a Change
Prior to working with Sparked Digital, the Council recognized that their website was outdated and could no longer reflect the impact they were making across the hydrogen space. It was time for a major change.
The Council engaged Sparked Digital to develop a new website that would accomplish several goals:
- Refresh the design in a way that would elevate their brand and influence.
- Modernize the website infrastructure and architecture to create a better user experience.
- Provide increased value to their members, partners, the media and the public by delivering content in an intuitive and dynamic way.
- Showcase that hydrogen action is happening now.
Ultimately, the Council needed a new website that could support their volume of traffic, deliver a modern and fresh user experience in several languages, and help users easily accomplish a variety of goals.
Six Months of Collaboration
For over six months, Sparked’s team worked closely with the Council’s team – and in collaboration with several other agency partners – to architect, design, develop and launch the new website.
This process involved designing an architecture to support multiple identified user journeys, assessing and organizing the Council’s large amount of content to make it more discoverable, designing multi-step forms and multiple calls-to-action, and elevating the Council’s visual brand identity.
Sparked also worked with the Council’s team to introduce a new section to the website called “Hydrogen in Action,” which showcases advancements being made in hydrogen technology today.
New Website, New Opportunities
The Hydrogen Council’s new website went live in October 2022 and was unveiled to the Council at a global meeting in Brussels, Belgium.
In addition to accomplishing the initial goals, the website also features several unique elements:
- A scrollytelling page with micro-animations showcasing “Why Hydrogen”.
- An automated translation engine with manual translations applied to key pages.
- A multi-step form that helps prospective members apply to the Council.
- A member’s page that enables log-in to a private members-only portal.
- An advanced filtering system that makes content such as reports, media releases and thought leadership pieces easily discoverable.
Although the website has been launched, Sparked’s work is not done. Sparked continues to provide fully-managed website hosting with servers powered by renewable energy and right-sized for the Council’s web traffic. Ongoing maintenance services also ensure the website is secure and performing optimally.
Overall, the Hydrogen Council’s new website offers new and exciting opportunities to help drive the organization forward – today and for years to come.